Jeep Grandee Cheroki
+ Jeep Grand Cherokee brand Cars
- Settings and routine maintenance
- Schedule of routine maintenance of Jeep Cherokee
General information on settings
Checks of levels of liquids (each 400 km (250 miles) run or weekly)
Check of a condition of tires and pressure in them (each 400 km (250 miles) run or weekly)
Check of level of liquid of automatic transmission (each 400 km (250 miles) run or weekly)
Check of level of liquid of system of hydrostrengthening of a wheel (each 4800 km (3000 miles) run or times in 3 months)
Change of impellent oil and the oil filter (each 4800 km (3000 miles) run or times in 3 months)
Check and battery service (each 4800 km (3000 miles) run or times in 3 months)
Check of serviceability of system of cooling (each 4800 km (3000 miles) run or times in 3 months)
Check of a condition and replacement of hoses passing under a cowl (each 4800 km (3000 miles) run or times in 3 months)
Check of a condition and replacement of brushes of screen wipers (each 4800 km (3000 miles) run or times in 3 months)
Check of a condition of a suspension bracket and steering
Check of a condition of system of production of the fulfilled gases (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Check of level of transmission oil of a manual transmission (RKPP) (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Check of level of oil of a transfer case of all-wheel drive (4WD) of models (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Check of level of oil of differential (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Rotation of wheels (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Check of a condition of brake mechanisms (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Check of a condition of components of a power supply system (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Condition check, adjustment of a tension and replacement of a driving belt (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Check of a condition of seat belts (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Check of functioning of the sensor switch of permission of start (only models with AT) (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Chassis greasing (each 12 000 km (7500 miles) run, or times in 6 months)
Replacement of the air filter (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Replacement of liquid and the filter of automatic transmission (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Adjustment of tapes of automatic transmission (AT) (model since 1994 вып.) (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Replacement of transmission oil of a manual box (switching) of transfers (RKPP) (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Change of oil of a transfer case (4WD model) (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Change of oil of differential (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Service of system of cooling (an oporozhneniye, washing and filling) (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Check of a condition and replacement of the valve of system of operated ventilation of a case (PCV) (V8) engines (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Check, pro-cleaning and replacement of a hose of system of continuous ventilation of a case (CCV) (6 cylinder engines) (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Check of serviceability of functioning of system of catching паров fuels (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Cleaning of the filter of ventilation of a case (V8) engines (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Replacement of the fuel filter (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Replacement of spark plugs (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
Check of a condition of candle wires, covers and a distributor begunka (each 48 000 km (30 000 miles) run, or times in two years)
+ Ryadny six-cylinder engine
+ V8 Engine
+ Procedures of the general and major maintenance of the engine
+ Systems of cooling, heating and air conditioning
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and operation receptions
go to this site browse around this site
Check and battery service (each 4800 km (3000 miles) run or times in 3 months)
At check and service of the battery it is necessary to observe special precautionary measures. In battery banks always there is at the highest measure an inflammable hydrogen therefore approach to a venue of works with the lit cigaret, and any sources of open fire is inadmissible. Work with only the neiskroobrazuyushchy tool. The electrolit of the battery represents solution of sulfuric acid and its hit in eyes and on open sites of a body is fraught with serious traumas. Besides, the electrolit easily destroys a fabric of clothes and paint of panels of a body of the car. At a detachment from the battery of wires always begin with the negative. To connect it follows, on the contrary, to the last.
The diligent approach to care of the battery with observance of intervals of routine maintenance is the unique pledge of trouble-free start of the car. Before starting to work, make sure available near at hand the necessary equipment providing a guarantee of safe performance of procedures of service of the battery.
Tools and materials necessary for service of the battery.
1 — Obverse screens/goggles - At corrosion removal from battery plugs by means of a brush of a particle of crystallizing acid easily can get to eyes
2 — Baking soda - Solution of baking soda in water is applied to corrosion neutralization
3 — Acid-free vaseline - Drawing of a layer of such vaseline on each of battery plugs also will help to prevent corrosion development
4 — the Adaptation for cleaning of plugs of batteries/tips of wires - the wire brush Of this kind perfectly deletes any traces of corrosion from plugs of batteries/tips of wires
5 — the Impregnated felt washers - Putting on of such washers of the plug of the battery directly under tips of wires will help to prevent corrosion development (track that washers of demanded type in case of a lateral arrangement of plugs were picked up)
6 — the Stripper - Sometimes terminal clips hardly give in to removal from battery plugs even after a full otdavaniye coupling bolts/nuts. The such stripper will help to remove without damages clips from plugs in strictly vertical direction
7 — the Adaptation for cleaning of plugs of batteries/tips of wires - Other type of the smoothing-out tool which slightly different on a designs and a principle of action from is mentioned in point 4, however, intended for same purpose
8 — Rubber gloves - Are other means of personal protection at work with the battery; remember that in the battery acid contains!
At performance of procedures of service of the battery it is necessary to observe some special precautionary measures. Always previously disconnect all electric equipment and disconnect from the battery a negative wire.
In banks of the battery hydrogen, at the same time fire - and explosive is continuously allocated. At all do not allow a casual iskroobrazovaniye, and also do not come nearer to a venue of works with the lit cigaret or other type of open fire. A charging of the battery make in well ventilated room.
The electrolit contains toxic and extremely aggressive sulfuric acid. Do not allow electrolit hit in eyes, on open sites of a body, clothes and the painted surfaces of the car. Hit in an organism even insignificant quantity of electrolit extremely dangerously! During battery service surely put on protective gloves and points. Do not allow to come nearer to children to the battery.
- Check an external condition of the battery. If the positive plug of the battery and its terminal clip on your car are equipped with a rubber protector, check it on existence of cuts and other damages. The protector should cover completely the plug together with a clip. Check clips on reliability of fastening on plugs and existence of signs of corrosion. The case and a cover of the battery should not have cracks. The battery should fasten reliably on the pallet clamping levels. Check both wires of the battery on all their length on existence of cracks and protertosty isolation.
- If during external survey of the battery corrosion traces are found (in particular around an arrangement of plugs) which represent fragile white color a crust, the battery should be removed for carrying out cleaning. A key weaken bolts of terminal clips - remember that by the first the negative wire should be disconnected - and remove clips from plugs. Then give fixture (a bolt with a nut) a clamping level, remove a level and take the battery from an impellent compartment.
- Carefully smooth out terminal clips of wires one of special adaptations (see an illustration) and wipe them solution of baking soda. The same solution wash out plugs in the top part of a casing of the battery, however, watch, that solution did not get in the battery. Cleaning carry out in goggles and rubber gloves in order to avoid hit of splashes of solution to eyes and on open sites of hands. The clothes should be dressed such that after it was not a pity to throw out it - splashes of the solution mixed with acid will lead to education in a fabric of holes. If extent of corrosion of plugs is too great, previously smooth out plugs the special adaptation (see point 7 on
an illustration). Carefully rinse all smoothed-out surfaces with pure fresh water.
When cleaning terminal clips of tips of wires of the battery from them all traces of corrosion (openings in clips have the cone-shaped form answering to a form of plugs therefore it is not necessary to be zealous excessively, removing too much material from walls of openings) should be removed.
|| Regardless of type of the tool applied to cleaning of plugs of the battery, the last should appear as a result absolutely pure and brilliant.
- Check a condition of the pallet of the battery and bolts of clamping levels. If the battery is removed from the pallet, track, that at its bottom no tools and other extraneous subjects were forgotten. When fastening battery on the pallet do not tighten clamping bolts of levels too hardly.
- All metal surfaces of the car damaged by corrosion should be processed and covered with a first coat on a zinc basis, then are painted.
- Information on removal and installation of the battery can be found in Head System of electric equipment of the engine. The order of carrying out start of the car from the auxiliary power supply is described at the beginning of this Management.
During a charging in the battery there is a generation of the extremely explosive hydrogen. Do not smoke and do not approach to an installation site of the charged or recently charged battery with open fire. Coming nearer to the charged battery, put on goggles. Connect the battery to the charger and disconnect it from it only after device switching off from a network.
Manufacturers recommend to remove the battery from the car for carrying out its charging as the gas which was allocated during procedure can damage the painted surfaces or furnish elements (depending on the equipment) the car. Carrying out the accelerated charging of the battery at the wires connected to it can lead to electric equipment failure.
The best from the point of view of completeness of recovery of initial characteristics is the charging discharged to a condition when start of the car of the battery with slow speed is not provided. Such way of a charging well proves to be and at restoration of level of a charge of the battery of the car maintained in a mode of short routes with long parking at the muffled engine. Special value gains need of a podderzhivaniye of level of a charge of the battery in a winter season when start of the engine is especially complicated, and the electric equipment functions with the maximum loading.
It is best of all to use 1-2 empire charger. Such power supplies provide the safest mode of a charging with the minimum loads of the battery. Besides, that is also important, they are the least expensive. For a fast charging it is possible to use the vysokoamperny power supply, however it is not necessary to apply 1/10 nominal amperes hour of the characteristic of the battery exceeding on productivity. The mode of a charging restoring characteristics of the battery for 1-2 hour is the most intense in relation to the battery and easily can lead to an exit of the last out of operation if it is not in the best condition. Chargers of this kind should be applied only in extreme situations.
Average time of restoration of a charge of the battery is given in the technical characteristics of the charger attached to the instruction on its operation. Usually it makes for 1-2 empire chargers from 12 to 16 hours.
- Remove covers a battery banok (if those are provided) and stop up openings with pure rags in order to avoid an electrolit razbryzgivaniye. Disconnect a negative wire from the battery from the battery and connect to its plugs of a wire from the charger (with polarity observance - plus - to plus, a minus - to a minus), then turn on the charger in a network. Track, that the handle of the selector of the device was established in the provision of 12 Century.
- If you use the power supply with the rated current exceeding (1-2) And, whether regularly in a course to a charging check the battery overheated. At a battery charging from 1-2 empire power supply, it is enough to track a charging course only the first two hours then it is possible to leave safely the battery to be charged for the night without supervision.
- If the battery is equipped with demountable covers a banok, the density of electrolit should be checked by means of the areometer everyone some hours of a charging cycle. Areometers can be got cheaply in any shop of automobile accessories - adhere to the instruction enclosed to the device. It is possible to consider the battery charged when the density of electrolit does not change in two last measurements the interval between which makes 2 hours, and the electrolit in banks starts freely барботировать to (bubble). The difference between areometer indications in various banks of the battery should be minimum, otherwise the battery/bank (and) should consider faulty.
- Some batteries of tight type are equipped with the built-in areometers and level of their charge is determined by the color indicator through an observation port. Bright color usually corresponds to the charged condition whereas dimness of the indicator indicates need of additional charge of the battery.
- If the battery of tight type is not equipped with the built-in areometer, between its plugs for control of a course of a charging it is possible to connect the digital voltmeter. Tension of completely charged battery should make not below 12.6 In the ambassador of removal of a superficial charge.
- Additional requirements for the battery and carrying out start of the engine of the car from an auxiliary source can be found in Head System of electric equipment of the engine and at the beginning of the Management (see. Engine start from the auxiliary power supply).