Jeep Grandee Cheroki
+ Jeep Grand Cherokee brand Cars
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Ryadny six-cylinder engine
+ V8 Engine
- Procedures of the general and major maintenance of the engine
Major maintenance of the engine - the general information
Check of kompressionny pressure in cylinders
The diagnostic checks made by means of the vacuum gage
Methods of removal of the engine and necessary precautionary measures
Removal and engine installation
Options of restoration of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblies
Removal of a cranked shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of cylinders
Check of a condition of shatunno-piston assemblies
Check of a condition of a cranked shaft
Check of a condition of radical and shatunny bearings
Engine assembly order after completion of its major maintenance
Installation of a cranked shaft and check of gaps of radical bearings
Installation of piston rings
Installation of shatunno-piston assemblies and check of gaps in shatunny bearings
The first start of the engine after major maintenance
+ Systems of cooling, heating and air conditioning
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and operation receptions
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblies
- Поскоблив the top part of mirrors of cylinders a nail, whether try to establish there is a step wear of cylinders in regions of the top border of a course of piston rings (approximately in 6.4 mm from the upper edge of the cylinder). If as a result of a nagaroobrazovaniye or wear in the top part of cylinders steps are formed, they should be completely removed by means of a special vertical drill. Follow instructions of manufacturers of the tool. The neglect this requirement is fraught with damage of pistons in the course of removal of shatunno-piston assemblies.
- For removal of step wear in the top part of cylinders use of a special vertical drill is required - this procedure should be made before extraction of pistons!
- After removal of step wear in the top part of cylinders overturn the engine upside down so that the cranked shaft appeared it is turned up.
- Before rods will be removed, define their size axial люфта with the help щупа lezviyny type. Enter edges щупа between the bottom head of the first rod and a crank cheek before complete elimination люфта. The total thickness of the edges entered into a gap will be size of an axial gap. If the size люфта exceeds admissible value, it is necessary to make replacement of rods. At replacement of rods or a cranked shaft the size axial люфта rods can fall below an admissible limit, in this case rods should be subjected to machining - consult with experts of a workshop of car-care center. Repeat check for each of rods.
- Measure a lateral gap (axial люфт) rods with the help щупа lezviyny type.
- Check rods and covers of their bottom heads (shatunny bearings) on existence of identification labels. In case of lack of those put them independently by means of a small center punch (the quantity of labels should correspond to serial number of the cylinder).
- On a half of turn for one approach, weaken nuts of covers of the bottom heads of rods until there will be a possibility of untwisting by their hands. Uncover the first rod together with the bearing loose leaf. Try not to drop the loose leaf from a cover.
- Pull on bolts of fastening of a cover on a rod pieces of a rubber hose for protection of a neck of a cranked shaft and a cylinder mirror against damage by bolts in the course of assembly extraction.
- Take the bearing loose leaf from the bottom head of a rod and вытолкните shatunno-piston assembly at the top the cylinder from the engine. For assembly pushing through through the cylinder rest against a bearing bed in a rod head the wooden handle of a hammer. At emergence of feeling of the slightest resistance immediately stop assembly pushing through in the cylinder and make sure that step wear in its top part is completely removed.
- Repeat procedure for the remained assemblies.
- After extraction of assemblies from the engine establish loose leaves and covers of shatunny bearings on the places (previously having removed protective hoses from bolts) and by hand tighten fixing nuts. Leaving of old loose leaves in heads of rods before installation of assemblies into place will help to prevent casual damage of their working surfaces.
- Do not separate pistons from rods (fuller information see in the Section Check of a condition of shatunno-piston assemblies).