Jeep Grandee Cheroki
+ Jeep Grand Cherokee brand Cars
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Ryadny six-cylinder engine
+ V8 Engine
+ Procedures of the general and major maintenance of the engine
+ Systems of cooling, heating and air conditioning
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
- Brake system
System of anti-blocking of brakes (ABS) - the general information
Replacement of blocks of disk brake mechanisms
Removal, major maintenance and installation of a support of the disk brake mechanism
Condition check, removal and installation of a brake disk
Replacement of boots of drum-type brake mechanisms
Removal, major maintenance and installation of wheel cylinders
Removal and installation of the combined valve (regulator)
Removal and installation of the main brake cylinder
Check of a condition and replacement of brake hoses and lines
Pumping of brake system
Functioning check, removal and installation of the vacuum amplifier of brakes
Functioning check, removal, installation and adjustment of the sensor switch of stoplights
Adjustment of the parking brake
Replacement of cables of a drive of the parking brake
Replacement of boots of the parking brake (disk brake mechanisms of back wheels)
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and operation receptions
Pumping of brake system
Below the description of procedure of manual pumping of brakes is offered to attention of readers. This procedure is the pumping of knots of brake system unique from procedures which can be executed by own strengths of the amateur mechanic. In case air for any reason gets to the hydraulic control unit (HCU), it is necessary to make pumping about use of the diagnostic DRB II scanner, and then once again to repeat manual pumping. If when squeezing a pedal of a brake there is a feeling of softness of its course even after pumping of brakes, tow off the car in dealer office where system pumping about use of the DRB II scanner will be made. Car operation without performance of such pumping becomes dangerous as other way to remove air from HCU does not exist.
When pumping brake system put on goggles. At liquid hit in an eye immediately wash out them a plentiful quantity of water and address to the doctor.
Pumping of brake system is made for the purpose of removal of the air which has got to it at a rassoyedineniye of contours during repair of components.
If air got to system as a result of falling of level of liquid or at a detachment of brake lines from the main cylinder, it is necessary to pump over all four brake mechanisms. For performance of such pumping DRB II scanner existence is necessary - tow off the car in a workshop of dealer office of the Chrysler company.
If the line detachment only one of mechanisms was made, will pump over only a support or the wheel cylinder of this mechanism enough.
If the line was disconnected from the union located between the main cylinder and one of brake mechanisms, it is necessary to pump over all contour which structure includes this union.
- Having several times squeezed out a brake pedal at the switched-off engine, dump residual depression of the vacuum amplifier of brakes.
- Uncover the tank of the main cylinder and add in it brake liquid. Establish a cover into place.
During pumping constantly check liquid level in the tank and in case of need make having added. Too strong falling of level of liquid will lead to hit in system of air and all work will be started up to nothing.
- Availability of fresh brake liquid and the help of the assistant are necessary for carrying out procedure. Besides, prepare transparent capacity in which pour a little brake liquid and a piece of a plastic or rubber hose in diameter about 4,8 mm which should be put on densely the pumping gate, and a wrench for an otdavaniye and a gate twisting.
- Begin work with the right back wheel. Slightly weaken the gate of pumping of the wheel cylinder, then tighten so to provide tightness, having left thus possibility of free and fast untwisting.
- Put on one end of the prepared tube the pumping gate, and the second lower in transparent capacity so that it appeared is shipped in liquid.
- When pumping brake mechanisms the hose is connected to the pumping gate on a support or the wheel cylinder and plunges into the brake liquid poured in a transparent vessel - air expelled from system will leave in the form of vials (pumping should be continued until the exit of vials will not stop).
- Ask the assistant to rock several times a brake pedal, then to hold it squeezed out.
- While the pedal keeps squeezed out, open the pumping gate so to provide a liquid/air exit through it. Watch an exit of vials of air through the end of a tube shipped in liquid. When the stream of following liquid later pair of seconds will weaken, wrap the gate and ask the assistant to release a pedal.
- Repeat procedures of points 7 and 8 above until air will not stop to leave a tube. Then wrap the gate of pumping and pass to the brake mechanism of the left back wheel. Having finished this pumping, pass to right, and then - to left to forward wheels. Do not forget about need of continuous tracking liquid level for the tank of the main brake cylinder.
- At all do not use the merged brake liquid repeatedly! It is hygroscopic and it will be inevitable to contain the moisture which is essentially reducing efficiency of braking.
- On termination of pumping fill in in the tank of the main cylinder fresh brake liquid.
- Check serviceability of functioning of brake system. The pedal should be squeezed out with firm resistance - without feeling of softness of a course. In case of default of this condition repeat system pumping.
Do not start at all car operation if there is no confidence of efficiency of braking.
- On termination of pumping carry out trial runs, having made sure of serviceability of functioning of brake system.