Jeep Grandee Cheroki
+ Jeep Grand Cherokee brand Cars
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Ryadny six-cylinder engine
+ V8 Engine
- Procedures of the general and major maintenance of the engine
Major maintenance of the engine - the general information
Check of kompressionny pressure in cylinders
The diagnostic checks made by means of the vacuum gage
Methods of removal of the engine and necessary precautionary measures
Removal and engine installation
Options of restoration of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblies
Removal of a cranked shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of cylinders
Check of a condition of shatunno-piston assemblies
Check of a condition of a cranked shaft
Check of a condition of radical and shatunny bearings
Engine assembly order after completion of its major maintenance
Installation of a cranked shaft and check of gaps of radical bearings
Installation of piston rings
Installation of shatunno-piston assemblies and check of gaps in shatunny bearings
The first start of the engine after major maintenance
+ Systems of cooling, heating and air conditioning
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and operation receptions
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Usually vyzhimny jams there are a lot of years of the engine not being exposed to major maintenance appear strongly zakorrodirovavshy in the channels. Having rested against the stopper region a small drift, hammer edge in the channel, carefully striking on a drift with a hammer. Hammer one of edges into the canal so that there was a possibility to grasp for left of the channel opposite самоконтрящимися nippers.
Extraction of vyzhimny jams (employees for compensation of increase in volume of a cooler in case of its freezing) can appear the extremely inconvenient if they were deeply involved in okhladitelny channels.
Jams are taken by Vyzhimnye from okhladitelny channels of the engine by a careful zastukivaniye of one of their edges in the channel - thus the second, on the contrary will come to light and it is possible to grasp it nippers.
- Scratch out from interfaced surfaces of the block all traces of a material of old laying. Be careful - try not to damage and not to leave задиров on condensed surfaces.
- Remove covers of radical bearings and take loose leaves both from covers, and from beds in the block. Attach to each loose leaf a label with information on what bearing it belongs and where it was established - in the block or a cover. Combine loose leaves in a reliable place.
- Unscrew from the block all carving caps of oil galleries. Usually caps are tightened very hardly and often they should be drilled with the subsequent restoration of a carving in openings a tap. At assembly of the engine establish new caps.
- It is necessary to send strongly polluted block in a car-care center workshop for carrying out steam cleaning or a zharoobrabotka though at a certain patience it is possible to clear rather qualitatively the block and in house conditions.
- After block return once again clean all oil galleries. In any shop of auto parts it is possible to get brushes specially designed for this purpose (ершики). Wash out channels a stream of warm water (washing it is possible to consider finished when will start to follow from the block pure water), then carefully dry the block and slightly oil the processed surfaces for corrosion prevention. In the presence of access to a source of the compressed air use it for drying of the block and a purge of all channels, openings and galleries.
At work with the compressed air put on goggles!
- If the block is not strongly polluted and not зашламован, it is enough to wash out of it hot water with soap by means of a rigid brush. It is not necessary to be sorry time and forces on carrying out this work. Regardless of the chosen method of cleaning, track that all oil openings and galleries were cleaned very carefully, the block is completely dried, and its processed surfaces are greased with light oil for prevention of their corrosion.
- All carving openings should be passable in the block by taps of the corresponding sizes for the purpose of removal of traces of corrosion from them, old hermetic and restoration of the broken and broken carving. If it is possible, blow openings the compressed air for removal from them of garbage and the shaving left a tap (do not forget to dress goggles). Then it is necessary to make cleaning and restoration of a carving of bolts and hairpins of a head of cylinders and covers of radical bearings (use lerka of the corresponding sizes).
- Establish on the places of a cover of radical bearings and by hand tighten their bolts.
- Grease sealing surfaces of new vyzhimny jams with not stiffening compound (such as Permatex No. 2) and insert jams into openings in the block. In order to avoid emergence of leaks, track that jams were inserted perpendicularly and planted properly. For this purpose the special tool is issued, however it is possible to use for landing of jams and a replaceable face head of suitable diameter (which should enter accurately a stopper) complete with the extension piece on 1/2 inches (13 mm) and a hammer.
- The big replaceable head with the extension piece can be used for installation of vyzhimny jams in the block - act without hurrying up and stop landing a stopper right after that as will achieve its equal installation in the channel aflush with a surface of a wall of the block.
- Grease carvings of new caps of oil galleries with not stiffening compound (such as Permatex No. 2 or a teflon trumpet sealant) and screw in caps in openings in the block. Track that caps were tightened hardly.
- If immediate assembly of the engine is not planned, wrap the block in a big plastic bag in order to avoid its pollution at storage.